No wonder, everyone knows that winters are not kind to the skin. It leaves an impact that makes the skin cry. Dry and chapped lips are one of the most common problems you will encounter in this harsh season. Sometimes, a good amount of hydration and moisturization also requires a little pinch of something more fruitful. The cosmetic products available in the market to cure the dryness also fail, most of the time. Hence, the skin requires something extra to keep itself revitalized and replenished in the season.
In this article, some of the best natural remedies for chapped lips is going to be the topic of highlight. Let us see them.
Best 10 natural remedies for chapped lips
As already seen, winters do not spare anyone. There is a requirement to take care of your skin on your own. There is a need to give a kick-start to your winter skincare routine. These best remedies are:
- Almond oil: Almond oil is naturally blessed with vital nutrients like vitamin E and antioxidants like vitamin C that gives a moisturizing property to the oil. You will require only a small amount of oil on your lips. You can use it with honey as a natural lip balm that will keep your lips baby soft even in winters.
- Sugar: It is better to use sugar as a scrub rather than any artificial scrub. It restores the natural softness of the lips by removing the dead cells. You can mix it with oils like jojoba or coconut to be used as a scrub in winters. Keep it for a few minutes and then rinse it.
- Honey: Honey has natural antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Moreover, it has vitamin C which is an expert in hydrating the damaged cells. You can use honey with a combination of lemon juice, glycerine, and rose water. Honey is a very effective ingredient in hydrating dead cells.
- Milk: Can you recall Cleopatra’s bath with milk and rosewater? Milk is an awesome ingredient to use as it is rich in many potential components like Potassium, Calcium, vitamin B12, and vitamin B2. It has some other beneficial ingredients as well that helps in keeping your body hydrated. You can use milk with turmeric to get the best possible results.
- Beetroot juice: According to many experts, beetroot is the best to restore the lost charm of your lips. You can get back that natural softness if you apply it rightly. It can give you a rosy glow look that can make you joyful for the rest of your life.
- Tomato juice: As tomato juice is rich in many power-packed ingredients, it can repair your damaged lips. With a high content of vitamin C and antioxidants, it can fight off the accumulation of dead cells. Apply it on your lips for almost 15 minutes and see the best outcomes really soon.
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking water can never be a failure if it comes to your body. It is undoubtedly the best way to keep your body hydrated. Dehydration can lead to many severe problems and chapped lips are one of them. There is nothing better than giving a proper amount of fluid intake to your body to witness the best results.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking is not just restricted to damaging your lungs, it has got expertise in many different things too. Chapped lips are one of the outcomes that a smoker can have. Avoiding smoking will not only save you from chapped lips but from other severe diseases as well.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is one of the most efficient and result-generating ingredients in the race of best natural remedies. The gel inside the leaves contain ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatories that can repair the damaged lips. It can easily remove the dead cells layer from your lips giving a proper niche look. Give it a try and you will surely praise it. You can also consider buying skincare products from some professional platforms available online as well.
- Green tea: Green tea is rich in antioxidants and minerals that can save your lips from unwanted damage. Green tea also has Polyphenols, which helps in curing inflammation. Gently rubbing the green tea bag can bring back the softness that is much needed.
Chapped lips can be a big problem for people who are more sensitive to their skin. Hence, go for these natural remedies, and surely, you will see the changes required. You will end up recommending these to others as well.
The post Chapped lips in winter: Natural remedies to the rescue appeared first on Wellbeing Magazine.
from Wellbeing Magazine https://ift.tt/3euQ915